7. What am I
supposed to do on the day of the wedding?
- Help the bride run any last minute errands.
- Arrive at the wedding site early and dress with the bride
and the other bridesmaids.
- Help the bride get dressed. (You try getting into seven
layers of crinolines by yourself!)
- Be ready to take pictures both before and after the wedding.
- Follow the wedding coordinator's instructions and walk
down the aisle at the right time and stand in the right
place. And be sure to smile-everyone is looking at you and
will notice if you have a scowl on your face.
- Go to the reception with the rest of the bridal party
and stand in the receiving line if asked to do so.
- At the reception you may be required to dance with an
assigned partner after the bride and groom have had their
- You may also be asked to sit at a head table with the
rest of the wedding party.
- Participate! Eat, drink, dance, and HAVE FUN! But be sure
to attend to the bride. She'll probably be so busy talking
to her guests that she won't have time to get her own food
and drinks. Help her with her bustle and to take off her
veil if she wants to. Hang out with her and treat her like
the center of attention (well, she is the center of attention).
Be sure she is never left alone looking like a freak in
that big white dress.
- Stay to the end and see the happy couple off. Blow bubbles,
throw rice, birdseed, what have you. Go home and relax-your
work is (almost) done.